Saturday, 6 June 2015
Homemade Fries Recipe!
With Rapeseed Oil - 413 Kcal
With 1Kcal Spray - 305 Kcal
My fries are my absolute favourite food to make! They are definitely my go to food for lunch, easy and simple to make and you know exactly what is in them!
The recipe below is for the main component of a meal, if you want the fries as a side to a burger then just reduce the amount of potatoes you use.
380g of Potatoes (I prefer Maris Piper Potatoes personally)
1 teaspoon of salt (2 if you like salty chips)
1/2 teaspoon of Paprika (not smoked)
1 tablespoon of Rapeseed Oil OR 8 Sprays of 1Kcal Oil
1. Pre-heat your oven to 180°C/ 170°C for a fan oven.
2. Cut up your chips, however thinly or thickly you like.
3. Put the chips into a bowl, add salt, paprika and Rapeseed oil and mix thoroughly with your hands till all the chips are evenly coated.
4. Put the chips in the oven for 15-20 minutes, this depends and varies on how thick you cut your chips.
5. Once the chips are reasonably cooked and starting to brown, give them a toss on the tray, and bump up the oven to 220°C / 210°C for a fan oven. Cook for a further 10-15 minutes until cooked and crispy.
6. Take out the oven, pop on a plate and enjoy!
TIP - The 1Kcal spray fries may take a little longer then you'd expect. Cook them on a lower heat for longer or until nearly cooked, then bump temperature up to crisp them up.